With Veteran’s Day, the least we can do is extend our respect and gratitude to family, friends, co-workers, partners, clients, and every-brave-individual who has sacrificed and served on behalf of our great country – THANK YOU.
Our veterans are some of the hardest working people in the USA. As business owners and entrepreneurs, many of our veterans return home and strive to make their communities a better place. Thinking about our hard-working veterans lead me to ask the question “how many small businesses are owned by veterans in the USA?” What I found may surprise you.
A success story like this just needs to be shared.
I discovered that there are over 2.5 million small, Veteran-Owned-and-Operated, companies that are true American success stories, and I believe that they deserve to be supported, recognized and celebrated whenever we get the opportunity. I was led to this intriguing article and the full report behind this research can be located here.
Here is what I found:
- 2.52 million | Businesses in the U.S. that are majority-owned by veterans
- 442,485 | Veteran-owned businesses with employees
- 2.08 million | Self-employed veteran businesses (no employees)
- 9.1% | Percentage of all U.S. businesses that are majority-owned by veterans
- $1.14 trillion | Total annual revenues of veteran-owned businesses
- 5.03 million | Total number of employees of veteran-owned businesses
- $195 billion | Annual payroll of veteran-owned businesses
I hope you’re able to enjoy your weekend of freedom by giving sincere thanks to those who served.